Wednesday 21 April 2010

Wise words.


I have just read this and I had to share......

I am struck by the fact that the more slowly trees grow at first,

the sounder they are at the core, and I think that the same is

true of human beings. We do not wish to see children

precocious, making great strides in their early years like

sprouts, producing a soft and perishable timber, but better if

they expand slowly at first, as if contending with difficulties,

and so solidified and perfected. Such trees continue to

expand with nearly equal rapidity to extreme old age.

Henry David Thoreau.


A threeyear old boy is sitting quietly in the backseat of his

father's car eating an apple. He looks down at the fruit in his

hand and asks, 'Daddy, why is my apple turning brown?'

'Because after you ate the skin off, the meat of the apple came in

contact with the air which caused it to oxidize thus changing its

molecular structure and turning it into a different colour.'There

was a long silence. Then the boy asked softly, 'Daddy, are you

talking to me?'.

3 comments:

TLF said...

Your son is so, so adorable! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cro Magnon said...

I agree totally. Children should develop at their own pace. To push kills interest.