Friday 7 September 2012

Learning together

Well I suppose you could say that from now on we are a home educating family. To be honest we were part time home educating last year as Charlie only went to Steiner kindergarten 3 times a week but hey I feel we learn all the time, in set rules or no set way. We still follow a Steiner approach to play and gentle learning but we also unschool as in we don't have a timetable or follow a curriculum. We use media and IT for learning programmes and games and we also watch some TV. Mainly we just love being together all the time and doing our own thing :)


I am excited, tired, inspired by lots of wonderful HE mama's, happy, and a probably a hundred other emotions right now but I feel we are doing the right thing for us.

4 comments:

arwen_tiw said...

Your journey will be just perfect, with all the usual ups and downs. You already are, and have, everything you need to open up this beautiful world to him. xxx

sue said...

Thank you my sweet friend, yes I am loving showing our boy what a beautiful world we live in xx

Rose said...

wonderful, I wish our circumstances had allowed me to home educate full time as my boy just went back and part of me knows HE would have been better if everything was right for it. But I'm inspired by mama's such as yourself and make sure I stop and notice the HE that naturally filters into our time together out of school. enjoy your journey x x x

Laura said...

Lots of love to you on your journey. :) xxx