Tuesday 4 August 2009

We've been camping in the forest.











Well here I am back blogging again! We've been away for a few days holiday camping in beautiful north Yorkshire, we had a wondeful time just exploring and spending time together under canvas (well except for the incredibly wriggly boy who spent most of the night tossing himself out of the very large and expensive sleeping bag, only to freeze on the floor next to our bed, I'd then have to reach down pull him back under the covers and snuggle him warm until his next wriggly trip lol). Even though warren and I were quite tired in the mornings it was great to wake up in the forest listening to birds singing, children laughing and playing and just being free. We spent some days on the very lovely beach at Robin Hoods Bay, explored castles and an abbey in Whitby, walked through forests and of course had a little ride on the seaside roundabouts!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds fantastic. We're going to try camping next year. I love North Yorkshire,we've been to Whitby quite a few times. I love it there.

willow81 said...

Oh that sounds wonderful. And I love your new title photo.

Emma said...

Looks like you had a lovely time. :) Welcome back!

arwen_tiw said...

Beautiful pictures - I had a sleeping bag escapee on our trip to Whitby too LOL!

sunnymama said...

It is so long since I've been camping! Reading your post has made me want to go camping as soon as possible :)